Reconstructive surgery procedures repair structures of the body affected aesthetically or functionally due to things like traumatic injuries, birth defects, developmental abnormalities, burns or scarring, and are generally done to improve function & ability, but may also be performed to achieve a more typical appearance of the affected structure.
Dr. Secretan is a highly skilled plastic surgeon with extensive training, experience and a special interest in reconstructive surgery.
Through communication and his advanced surgical skills, he is committed to helping patients achieve the results they desire in order to restore function, confidence and self-esteem. Dr. Secretan performs a full range of reconstructive and corrective procedures in addition to those listed below.
- Needle aponeurotomy, fasciectomy, and xialfex injections
Peripheral Nerve Sugery
- Carpal tunnel release, cubital tunnel release and operations for other compression neuropathies
- Treatment of traumatic facial injuries including fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Surgical treatment of acute thermal injuries
- Reconstruction of chronic deformities from burn injuries
- Debridement and reconstruction of complex wounds including decubitus ulcers and lower extremity defects
- Hand trauma
- Operations to treat fractures, tendon/nerve lacerations, soft tissue injuries
- Breast reduction
- Breast reconstruction following mastectomy
- Treatment of skin cancers (melanoma, squamous cell and basal cell carcinomas etc…)
- Reconstruction following skin cancer excision including treatment of complex facial defects
- Procedures to treat osteoarthritis of the hand including suspensionplasty, arthrodesis and arthroplasty
Contact our office at (403) 381-0083 for a full list of procedures or to schedule an appointment today.
Surgeries at Lethbridge Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics are performed in one of two locations, either the Chinook Hospital in Lethbridge, Alberta, or at the beautiful surgical suite located here in our building.
Both are staffed with doctors, anesthesiologists and nursing staff. Which location is used will be determined by Dr. Secretan during your consultation and will depend upon the complexity and extent of the surgery to be performed.
In addition to cosmetic surgeries performed by our plastic surgeon, we also offer aesthetic services that can help with a variety of common issues, from a double chin to acne scaring.
For a list of these services, please view the aesthetic procedures portion of our website.