The Goal of Cosmetic Surgery
The goal of cosmetic surgery is to improve a person’s appearance, self-esteem, and self-confidence. Cosmetic surgery can be performed on any part of the face and body.
At Lethbridge Plastic Surgery & Aesthetics, we know cosmetic surgery can bring lasting and dramatic changes to your outside appearance; however, it is important to understand how these changes might affect you on the inside. Before making an appointment to see Dr. Secretan, consider your motives for wanting to change you how you look. Many physical characteristics can be successfully changed through cosmetic surgery; others cannot.
We believe good candidates for cosmetic surgery:
- Have realistic expectations about what can be accomplished
- Understand the medical risks, physical effects during healing, how the surgery will affect them personally and professionally, what lifestyle changes may accompany the recovery period, and the expenses involved.
- Have chronic medical conditions under control
- Have no history of smoking or commit to abstain from smoking and nicotine products, including chewing tobacco and nicotine patches, gums, or lozenges for four to six weeks before and after surgery.
- Have had a stable weight for six to twelve months
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us! We’re always happy to answer any questions you might have. If you’d like to learn a little more about Dr. Secretan and Lethbridge Plastic Surgery & Aesthetics, read on!
Dr. Matthew Secretan is a plastic surgeon in Lethbridge, Alberta with a special interest in reconstructive surgery. His reconstructive practice focuses on facial reconstruction following skin cancer excision, hand surgery, peripheral nerve surgery, and reconstructive surgery for burn victims. Each patient presents with a unique problem and Dr. Secretan enjoys the challenge of trying to restore normal function and appearance to each of them.
“Dr. Secretan is an excellent plastic surgeon. I recently had a procedure done and he did a great job. I would highly recommend this clinic. I had my surgery done in their surgical suite, which is well equipped, clean, and bright. Thanks to all the staff for a job well done and for making me feel comfortable.”