What you need to know about Botox regulations
This week, we spent some time educating our team on Botox regulations and what we can do to maintain and uphold industry standard. We had an industry representative in our clinic to discuss all things injectables with the team. It was amazing! In this blog, we’re sharing some of the things we discussed that are valuable for you, the consumer, to know.
As a consumer, do you know who can legally administer and delegate injections?
(a) All health care professionals
(b) Nurses, dentists, pharmacists can inject
(c) Physicians and nurse practitioners can delegate and inject
The answer is b and c
Nurses, dentists, and pharmacists are permitted to administer cosmetic injections in Alberta.
Physicians and nurse practitioners are permitted to prescribe, delegate, and administer injections in Alberta.
Over the past eight years, the growth in the market has been remarkable. We love our industry and our injectors! That said, with growth comes growing pains. At Lethbridge Plastic Surgery & Aesthetics, we believe more education, transparency, and awareness around industry guidelines is necessary to eliminate negligent and/or fraudulent practices.
Here’s a few things you should know about Botox prices and marketing guidelines:
- Botox is a Schedule 1 drug which means that it is controlled and must be prescribed by qualified physicians, dentists, nurse practitioners, etc.
- Incentivizing the use of Botox through Botox parties, packaging, memberships, sales, bundles, etc. is not permitted by the regulatory colleges that govern the prescribing physicians
- Injections are intended to be done in a professional setting, which is the clinic where the medical director works
- These procedures are not appropriate in personal residences, pop-up clinics, mobiles, salons, restaurants, restrooms, etc.
- Advertising Botox treatments when Botox is not the drug that is actually injected is illegal
- Allergan publishes a physician locator to identify physicians licensed to prescribe Botox
- CLICK HERE to view registered Botox accounts in our local areas
Botox Cost Per Unit at Lethbridge Plastic Surgery & Aesthetics
✔️ 17 years of education and plastic surgery experience
✔️ In-person medical consultation with Dr. Secretan
✔️ Realistic and honest assessment of what can actually be achieved with injectable products
✔️ Immediate access to treatment should adverse event occur
✔️ Local hospital privileges should reconstructive surgery be required
✔️ Up-to-date knowledge of best practices, techniques, and new product launches
✔️ Authentic injectable products (no imitation products)
✔️ Peace of mind. Our team is educated, consistently updated on practice guidelines, and expected to adhere to Lethbridge Plastic Surgery & Aesthetics standards at all times
If you have questions about injections, we’d love to hear from you! Connect with us on social media or give us a call at 403-381-0083.